Environmental Graphic Designer
Participate in the development of graphic design concepts and technical documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Reviews and assess project goals and approach keeping in line with Columbia Associates objectives
- Participates in the development of graphic design concepts
- Develops technical documentation and story boards for work sessions
- Reviews research information to date and develops secondary data as needed
- Leads projects with services rendered by in-house clients/staff that may be stand alone or integrated with architectural team design process
- Facilitates project meetings to develop the necessary content and fulfill the approved scope of work
- Partners with in-house trend specialist and consumer experts to develop content
- Assists and supports fulfilling the goals of the services for in-house design, innovation and education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA or MA in Graphic Design or related field required.
- A minimum of five years experience preparing sketches, preliminary and final working drawings in 3 – D Revit Building graphics environments.
- Proficiency in Revit Building, Illustrator, Freehand, Photoshop, Pagemaker, and Quark. Form Z skills are a plus.
- Requires solid understanding of architectural fabricators, fabrication methods, and materials.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment:
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.